There are no discussions in this story yet. Why don't you create one?
There are no announcements yet.
I like novellas. They are short, so you read them quickly and have a great sense of accomplishment in a few short hours. No, but seriously – short reads are ideal for those moments when you don’t have the time to start a 300-page novel, or for when you’re packing lightly for a vacation. This summer, why don’t you begin a reading challenge and try to read 15 novellas for three months? (Come on, that’s one per week, and they are around 100 pages each.) Here are a few absolutely amazing books to get you started – a list of short fiction and non-fiction reads that will start a sparkle in your mind.
1. Daisy Miller, Henry James
2. No One Writes to the Colonel, Gabriel Garsia Marquez
3. The Mist, Stephen King
4. Candide, Voltaire
5. Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Truman Capote
6. What We Talk About When We Talk About Love, Raymond Carver
7. (which reminds me of the brilliant…) What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, Haruki Murakami
8. Three Blind Mice, Agatha Christie
9. The Graduate, Charles Webb
10. The Time Machine, H. G. Wells
11. The Metamorphosis, Franz Kafka
12. A Room of One’s Own, Virginia Woolf
13. The Old Man and the Sea, Ernest Hemingway
14. Incidents, Rolan Barthes
15. Death in Venice, Thomas Mann